Yield Ahead: Potential Speed Bumps In 2019
Strong growth in 2018 doesn't mean 2019 will be all smooth sailing.
A recent feature by K.C. Conway in CIRE Magazine outlines some of the potential pitfalls in the road ahead.
"How long will this near-record economic growth cycle last? If the country makes it through first quarter without a recession, it will be the first time since 1857 (yes, 1857!) that the country has gone longer than 10 years without an economic recession. History is against us, and the reality is that several forces are converging that could push the country into a recession by the end of 2019 or 2020."Some key points to note:
- The industrial sector remains a strong leader in development and investment.
- The affordable housing crisis is benefitting certain markets in out-of-the-box ways.
- Brick-and-mortar retail stores are continuing to reinvent themselves, instead of dying out completely.
- The near-record economic growth cycle won't last forever.
- The Tax Cut and Jobs Act should begin to bear fruit in 2019.
Click the button below to read the full article and get ahead for the year to come.