BACK TO BLOG Blog
Google's Mobilegeddon! Why your CRE website needs to be mobile friendly - NOW!
On April 21, 2015, Google completed a major update to its mobile search algorithm that will change the order in which CRE websites are ranked when users search for something from their phone.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a priority for commercial real estate agents and companies to ensure their websites are listed when someone searches Google for real estate in their area.
Five changes that Google’s implemented on this update:
- It will start favoring those mobile-friendly websites (ones with large text, easy-to-click links, and ones that resize to fit whatever screen they're viewed on)
- It will boost the ranking of mobile-friendly pages on mobile search results
- Non-mobile-friendly sites will have a low ranking or be demoted on search results
- This update will effect search results in all languages, globally
- This update applies to individual pages, not entire websites
Contact CRE Tech for more information on our website templates designed from the ground up for commercial real estate brokers:
Here are some great sites for more information on Google's search change:
Posted on: 5-18-2015 2:25PM PDT